Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Milk-free, Soy-free Cracker

I was excited to see that Wheat Thins has started selling a new "Tuscan Herb" Flatbread -- essentially a long cracker -- that contains no milk or soy derived ingredients! I haven't been able to check the other flavors of the new Wheat Thins Flatbread, so be sure to check labels if your store doesn't carry the "Tuscan Herb" flavor.

On the back of the box, they show a "Bruschetta Pizza" recipe idea, but to make it milk-free, I recommend simply spreading some sun-dried tomato paste on the cracker and topping with some basil or baby spinach leaves.

1 comment:

rjb said...

I just stumbled across your blog, and want to say "THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!" My 5-week-old was just diagnosed with dairy and soy allergies, and I have been completely overwhelmed by how drastically my eating and cooking habits will need to change in order to keep her healthy and happy. I sat down to make a grocery list this afternoon, and just wanted to cry... we aren't big meat eaters, and our diet has tended to involve a lot of cheese, sour cream, yogurt, and milk. After finding your blog, I feel like this is going to be manageable after all, and that I won't have to eat only rice and beans for the next year! I would hug you if I could, thank you so much for doing this!