Tuesday, July 7, 2009

In Search of Bread

http://www.nursingmomrecipes.com


One of the biggest concerns of nursing moms on an elimination diet is finding some packaged bread that does not contain any milk or soy ingredients. I know how frustrating this can be, which is why I've been searching the store shelves to find one to recommend.

It turns out there is a bread that you can eat, but you may not be able to find it easily unless you live in a major market that has a Whole Foods Grocery Store or a German ethnic grocery store.

Mestemacher Bread - A pre-packaged, hearty, whole-grain German bread. Most varieties are both milk-free and soy-free.

If your local grocery store doesn't carry this item, you can order supplies through Amazon at the following links: 3 Grain, Fitness Bread, Sunflower Seed Bread.

I will continue to keep my eye out for breads that might be easier to find.

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Six weeks on the new diet and still no bread in site (I live in a fairly rural area). However, Kangaroo Pita was my bread substitute until I realized I have a bread machine in my cupboard! Though when time is short, we grab the pita.